Company Overview At Kohl’s, we’re always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire. Job Description Position Objective:
Performs the physical tasks in carrying out company's obligation on general repairs and some emergency and branding repairs. Perform work in a quality manner. Responsible for meeting Facilities standards and keeping cost of jobs within the allocated hours assigned.
ID Maintenance Issues
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of work orders as they are assigned.
- Ensures that all necessary material and tools to perform the daily work are available..
- Performs daily work per schedule and/or as assigned while adhering to established safety rules and practices.
- Performs store maintenance activities as assigned by the (RM) Regional Maintenance, such as minor plumbing, minor electrical, stroller repair, carpentry, painting and patching of walls, flooring repair-carpet/tile in all store areas.
- Performs exterior maintenance of building to include but not limited to minor building painting, ramp /curb painting, powerwashing, as well as minor CAM (Common Area Maintenance) repairs of landscaping / landscaping plumbing, signage, minor concrete / asphalt and those items as assigned by the Regional Maintenance.
- Perform once per year the 90min emergency lighting test, and replace emergency bulbs or batteries.
- Assists stores with housekeeping problem solving with suggested solutions for store associate teams or contract cleaning service providers.
- Communicates safety and cleanliness issues and action plans with store management and Regional Maintenance.
- Identifies maintenance issues that need resolution by outside contractors and enter items in Service Channel for assignment
- Participates in Weekly FMS Conference calls with Regional Maintenance and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently without direct daily face to face supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels in the store organization both verbally and written
- Basic computer skills and ability to navigate Internet websites-ServiceChannel & email.
- 2-4 years of maintenance work.
- Prior retail or office building maintenance experience.
- Familiar with general maintenance tools and tasks.
- Floor care and repair knowledge of various types-carpet, tile, marble and VCT.
- Ability to repair a variety of interior/exterior issues-flooring, minor plumbing and electrical, painting and patching, minor carpentry, and others as assigned.
This document describes general information about the position however should not be considered as comprehensive. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employment contract.
- Moderate lifting, 25-60lbs
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time
- Valid drivers license
- Registered car
Kohl’s Corporation (Kohl’s) operates family-oriented, department stores that sells apparel, footwear and accessories for women,...