Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AAES) in Kirkland, Washington is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our E m P ower ® product line. We are also the world’s leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our C ore P ower ® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at a 41% average growth rate over the last 5 years. Astronics AES has 340 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 6 years consecutively.
Perform varied and complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices. Design and develop test procedures and assists in the evaluation of the test equipment required to perform quality checks. Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through initial production. Position is responsible for ensuring that all products meet quality and customer performance standards. Provide training in the new procedure to production testing staff and be a companywide resource for all programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and direct the engineering process and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment. This includes preparation of labor and material estimates for assigned tasks.
- Able to perform HALT, HASS and ESS testing
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations, including writing calibration and acceptance test procedures. Direct and coordinate electronic engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration and acceptance test procedures.
- Provide Design for Test requirements to design engineers
- Direct engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by electronic engineering and management personnel.
- Be able to design and implement test fixturing and equipment in the support of environmental or electrical qualification testing.
- Develop future ATE systems and associated software.
- Conduct Environmental and/or electrical qualification testing to DO 160, Boeing D6-36440 and Airbus ABD100.1.2
- Participate in test system development, design, build, document, and verification.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, team structured environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or marital status.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
- Five years related experience, additional experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Familiarity with software configuration management concepts.
- Ability to work in fast paced, team environment.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, Gayle Keenan, in Human Resources, during regular business hours.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
Astronics Corporation - 2 years ago