Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime), a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management, is making a difference in the lives of the nearly 17 million members we serve. At Prime, we are committed to improving the health of members while reducing overall health care costs. We are seeking candidates that share this passion for improving the lives of others.
This position will be responsible for assessing and quantifying the financial risk created through various contractual guarantees issued to clients by Prime Therapeutics. Individual will assist in the development of the appropriate support team to meet business requirements. Responsibilities include working with the underwriting team to effectively manage risk to acceptable levels while maintaining competitive deal terms. This individual serves as an expert consultant on risk pertaining to guarantees on the performance of mail and retail networks, manufacturer rebates, performance guarantees and other financial considerations. Maintains a positive working relationship with Underwriting, Network Management, Trade Relations and other key business owners within Prime.
- Oversees and coordinates the tracking of all guarantees with financial implications
- Quantifies the financial risk associated with all guarantees
- Develops and provides guidance on risk corridors for mail and retail network performance, manufacturer rebates, and operational performance guarantees
- Works with client underwriting departments to ensure deal terms, including pertinent definitions and caveats, for the financial responses to all RFPs are within risk tolerances
- Maintains appropriate documentation and provides reports as needed, including documenting all recommendations
- Consults closely with other departments such as Networks and Trade Relations, and participates in meetings as required on issues that have financial implications
- Participates in development of methodologies, models, & reports to support objectives of the position
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 6 years related experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or other related field
Prime’s fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
- 3 years as a Senior Underwriter or Actuary preferred
- In-depth knowledge of mathematical applications used in underwriting function is required, including the ability to calculate figures such as discounts, proportions and percentages, as well as the ability to apply basic concepts of business mathematics and algebra in underwriting problems
- Prior PBM experience a plus
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one or small group situations
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word & Powerpoint. Familiarity with MS Access and/or SAS Enterprise Guide a plus
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics - 3 years ago
Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management decisions...