Sigma Space is hiring an Engineer to support a large Earth Sciences NASA contract located in Wallops Island, VA.
This Position requires the performance of a range of assignments in support of developing, maintaining, and operating remote sensing instruments at NASA Wallops Flight Facility in support of the NASA IceBridge program. Duties include data processing and data quality assurance feeding back into improved sensor performance. Will work with customers in defining/designing next generation sensors, support customer meetings and telcons and participate in logistic planning and preparation for deployments. Will travel in support of NASA field deployments lasting one to two months several times a year. Must be physically able to work in a NASA research aircraft environment
- BS/MS in physics or engineering science, or entry level Ph.D.
- Ability to independently develop creative solutions
- Ability to use LabView and software development environments to process data
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills. Self-motivated individual with good judgment and decision making capability.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capabilities with attention to detail and problem finding .
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to present technical communication and sharing information.
- Experience in circuit troubleshooting and familiarity with oscilloscopes and other electronics equipments.
- Ability to modify existing instrument software code as needed.
- Familiarity with remote sensor data processing and quality assurance processes.
- Familiar with remote sensing techniques.