Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Rehabilitation Services Department includes Occupational and Physical Therapy, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Recreation and Speech-Language Pathology. Our professionals provide a broad range of services to our varied patient population with special focus on prevention, preservation and restoration of mobility, fitness, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, and swallowing.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Speech Language Pathologist.
* Diagnoses communication, cognitive and swallowing problems.
* Develops, implements, and revises treatment plans as needed.
* Communicates evaluation and treatment results and issues to professionals, persons served, and family members through written and/or oral reports, including team conferences.
* Provides follow-up contact and referral as needed.
* Maintains knowledge about communication, cognitive, and swallowing disorders.
* Master's degree in Communication Disorders.
* Current Kansas (or eligible) license as a Speech Pathologist.
* Must have experience in adult communication and swallowing evaluations and treatments.
* Eligible for clinical fellowship leading to certification of clinical competence in the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 12 months ago