Wound Care/HBO – Medical Director - FT Wayne, Indiana
Summary: The Medical Director is a key member of the wound care center management team consisting of him/ herself, the Program Director and the Clinical Coordinator/Manager.
The Medical Director’s primary responsibility is Quality. The Medical Director has responsibility for providing both education and coaching to the entire wound care team. A large part of the Medical Director’s role is promoting the clinic and building the multidisciplinary panel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Medical Director is responsible for Quality Patient Care within the Center and though he/she is assisted by clinical and non-clinical staff
• The Medical Director should actively chair and conduct the Center’s monthly performance improvement meeting and;
• • Review the Center Medical Records and process of care on all patients enrolled at the Center every 4 weeks for each major wound type.
• In cooperation with Hospital Administration and Program Director, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital’s Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
• The Medical Director will serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
• The Medical Director will use all reasonable efforts to facilitate attending physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies. The Medical Director will monitor physician and nursing staff documentation to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of coding. The Medical Director is responsible for HBO chamber quality and safety. He/she must ensure that every treatment is for an approved indication and that there is a physician present for every treatment in accordance with local rules and regulations. He/she must further ensure that the physician’s presence is appropriately documented and there are orders and progress notes for each treatment. He/she must also ensure that there is an appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
• Supervise the provision of services by all professional and ancillary Healogics staff at the Center and provide in-service education programs for such staff as may be required
• The Medical Director shall be responsible for the training and orientation of all WCC® Physicians. He/she shall schedule new WCC® physicians to attend “Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine and Problem Wound Management Course” .
• The Medical Director shall provide a means for continuing wound care education, introducing new advances in wound healing as well as new product reviews. He/she shall, also, from time to time review wound care basics such as the factors that inhibit wound healing, etc.
• The Medical Director shall serve as an educational resource for the entire WCC® including the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
• In cooperation with Healogics and Hospital, enhance the marketability of the Center services and promote the use of such services in the community and have the following specific program development responsibilities;
• In cooperation with Healogics and Hospital, enhance the marketability of Center services and promote the use of such services among the local medical community;
• Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.e., medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.) to enhance the visibility of the WCC® in the local marketplace and surrounding environs;
• Act as spokesperson for WCC® services when local media opportunities arise.
Medical degree and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be licensed in IN.
The incumbent in the position will informally supervise 8-10 employees.
Medical Doctorate Degree.
Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible contracts...