Under the general supervision of the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for purchasing supplies, services for HDL.
• Prepares and issues purchase orders for stocking inventory and special orders
• Enforce purchase order policy and processes with employees at all levels of the
• Confirm orders will arrive on time to meet schedule dates.
• Maintain AP Vendor Master List, and standing orders as required
• Review daily inventory reports
• Manage min/max levels on consumables for standing inventory
• Input and update items and prices in Great Plains and Visual Warehouse
• Ensuring accuracy, and that appropriate information is in both systems, and assisting with inventory control as needed.
• Manage & communicate price changes to HDL managers and vendors.
• Manage returns to vendors
• Obtain information from vendors regarding price, availability, and delivery options
• Handle emergency orders & special delivery from suppliers
• Reconcile packing slips, invoices and purchase orders and at times receive shipments.
• Work with Purchasing and Finance Managers with problem solving with lab managers and other departmental staff.
• Work with Accounts Payable to resolve vendor invoice variances, and ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
• Reconcile warehouse discrepancies.
• Prepare reports for internal and external auditors
• Four year degree in business and a minimum of 3 years purchasing in the medical supplies environment, or a combination of coursework and 5+ years relevant professional experience
• Must have experience in maintaining inventory, establishing reorder points, pricing, working with vendors, cycle counts, and returned goods handling
• Experience with Visual Warehouse or software equivalent
• Experience with General Ledger Software such as Great Plains
• Experience generating purchase orders
• Experience reconciling Invoices
• Experience negotiating pricing for goods and services with multiple vendors
• Computer skills & experience with Outlook, Excel & Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Communication, organization, problem solving & team skills
• Positive, customer service attitude
• Detail oriented
• Multi-tasker with flexibility to easily respond to changing business demands
• Demonstrate ability to quickly forge effective & productive working relationships with all levels of support staff
Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc. - 17 months ago