Provide leadership and direction for a group of dedicated drivers and a team or load securement associates. Ensure optimum utilization of company assets while meeting the daily needs of the customer. Work closely with the customer to grow the business, while at the same time control costs. Be the direct liaison between the account and Maverick, ensuring information is shared effectively.
- Asset Utilization - Work closely with over-the-road trucks and internal counterparts to obtain proper loads. Ensure proper trailer pools are maintained and periodic maintenance is performed. Maintain an accurate inventory of securement equipment and submit monthly count sheets.
- Customer Support - Meet and provide accurate key factor reporting, ensuring the account can measure our delivered value. Maintain a desk reference guide to ensure easy transition during absences. Analyze data and recommend changes to the network or amount of dedicated capacity. Clearly communicate customer needs to all levels of the Maverick organization. Utilize Lean Logistics concepts to ensure a focus on cost management. Keep management informed by submitting activity reports, daily call reports, and making recommendations to improve services.
- Business Plan - Assist in the creation of department action plans that support the company's strategic business plan.
- Professional Development & Teamwork - Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in appropriate training. Contribute to department goals by accomplishing related results as needed. Ensure company confidentiality.
- Leadership & Management - Manage, assign, delegate, and direct duties of staff. Appraise performance, coach, counsel, reward, and discipline employees. Maintain harmony among workers and resolve conflicts. Interview job candidates, hire new personnel, and responsible for termination of employees as necessary. Support and enforce operational and personnel policies, company programs, and procedures.
Minimum Education or Experience Requirements
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with all levels of management, employees, and outside contacts.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Assertive decision making skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to lead implementation of new technology, upgrades, and assess the value of the product by recommending changes or enhancements, as necessary
Prefer customer service/operational transportation experience, BSBA, Marketing or Transportation Degree or 2 years' transportation experience. Must have at least 2 years' prior management experience.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, grasp or feel objects, sit, stand, walk, reach and raise with hands and arms, see, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, crouch, crawl, twist, climb, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Maverick Transportation, LLC - 11 months ago