Specific task service shall include, but not limited to:
• Administer, monitor and implement all UNIX/Linux servers within a high availability distributed datacenter infrastructure.
• Maintain and manage all aspects of UNIX/Linux server maintenance from operating system installation, configuration, and upgrades to patching and security updates on a timely basis.
• Troubleshoot UNIX/Linux systems, networking, and applications to identify and correct operational problems utilizing associated UNIX/Linux command line and management tools.
• Implement system security policies and maintain compliance.
• Document the design and configuration of operating systems, such as minimization and hardening.
• System administration support for application servers and services.
• Install and debug new and upgraded software on server and client platforms, ensuring compliance with current licensing and security policies.
• Provide advice, training, and technical support for various projects.
• Learn new technologies quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating them with existing technology infrastructure.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Self-Driven and flexible with an initiative to learn more in adjacent areas.
• Thorough adherence to critical processes even under stress.
• Support business disaster recovery procedures for assigned areas of responsibility.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Four (4) years or more experience in UNIX/Linux System Administration experience.
• Knowledge and experience working within a fast paced industry with minimal to no downtime requirements.
• Financial industry experience a plus.
• Experience building, installing, monitoring, and supporting IBM AIX, along with associated technologies such as kickstart, PowerVM, VIO, NPIV, and Live Partition Mobility ( LPM ) implementations.
• Experience building, installing, monitoring, and supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux, along with associated technologies such as kickstart and MPIO. Red Hat Satellite experience a plus.
• Experience editing and modifying existing and vendor supplied scripts written in an industry standard scripting language such as shell or Perl for the purposes of automation, information discovery, and configuration changes.
• Networking experience from basic to advanced OS configurations including bonded and virtual interfaces
• Knowledge of network and system security concepts.
• Solid understanding of operating system analysis and performance tuning.
• Experience with standard UNIX/Linux daemons, protocols, and applications such as Network File Systems (NFS) and SSH services.
• Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Knowledge and understanding of enterprise class server hardware including Storage Area Networks ( SAN ) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices.
• An understanding of the purpose of RAID, firewalls, load balancers, routers, VPN, and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technologies.
• Knowledge of Information Management and Information Assurance.
• Knowledge of ITIL practices.
• PCI certification concepts a plus.
• Experience with vCenter and vSphere or VMware Server a plus
• IBM or Red Hat certifications a plus
• Excellent verbal and written skills, organization, project prioritization, and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under pressure without direct supervision
• Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
• Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff (team player)
• Evening, weekend and call-in work, shift on-call required to meet deadlines and correct system failures or for patch upgrades
• Minimal travel
MasterCard - 19 months ago
Surpassing Visa in market share -- now that would be priceless. Serving approximately 22,000 member financial institutions worldwide,...