Key responsibilities for the Network Engineer position include:
- Identification and resolution of hardware, software, or architectural issues in any of the networks supporting the Qualys global SaaS platform and corporate IT.
- Analyzing systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service
- Formulating and implementing monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to network management
- Troubleshooting, in conjunction with our Customer Care, Development and Account Management teams Web, API and other system issues at a per-packet level via packet trace and sniffer analysis.
- Some travel will be required.
- 3 + years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, load balancers, etc. - in a high-availability infrastructure on a 24x7x365 basis.
- 3+ years experience with network protocols for routing and access, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, etc.
- Strong functional knowledge of TCP/IP required.
- Experience with the use and implementation of enterprise monitoring and management frameworks, such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Candidate MUST have extensive experience working in structured change management processes for highly available networks..
- Experience building and configuring the network infrastructure to support and secure major Internet host/network services, including but not limited to: web (http, SSL, etc.), mail (sendmail, etc.), DNS, NFS, NIS/NIS+, databases (Oracle) and Java.
- Firewall/security experience (access control list (ACL) management., secure remote management practices, IDS, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development.
- Experience with multi-site routing, peering, and disaster recovery network architectures considered a plus.
- Formal hardware training and/or certifications from one or more of the following vendors - Cisco Systems (CCNA, CCNP), Juniper Networks (JNCIA, JNCIS), Citrix, F5 Networks - is desired.
- Previous experience managing e-commerce websites and / or on-demand services.
- Perl, Python or shell scripting considered a plus.
Qualys - 19 months ago
Qualys, Inc. is the leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) IT security risk and compliance management solutions. Qualys solutions...