The Director of Operations is essential to the management of our clinical staff and care center operations.
Assure state and federal regulatory compliance applicable to Hospice and reimbursement issues.
Educate all staff members about state and federal rules and regulations
Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, physicians, and other health care providers.
Continually monitors clinical episode management and provide direction/redirection as necessary
Work with all members of the medical community to promote home care services.
Recruit, hire, orient, assign, evaluate and guide staff positions to meet agency and patient needs
Ensure delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of agency efficiency and fiscal success.
1. Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company with at least one (1) year supervisory or administrative experience in home health care, hospice care, or related health programs.
2. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following:
a. The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation.
b. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
c. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
3. Minimum of three (3) years experience as a registered nurse with one (1) of these years consisting of full-time experience in providing direct patient care in the home health setting.
4. Two (2) years home health experience preferred.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of Federal, state, local and ACHC regulations.
6. Possesses current driver’s license, agency required liability insurance, and reliable automobile transportation.
7. Current CPR certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Director of Operations
United States-West Virginia-Wheeling
Amedisys, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the nation’s...