Performs complex radiation therapy treatments and treatment planning procedures, to include a portion of dosimetry measurements and/or computation.
* Delivers and records complex radiation therapy treatments under the direction of a Radiation Oncologist.
* Works closely with the medical team to review images and port films for patient set ups, selection of treatment devices and verification.
* Performs daily quality assurance (QA) on equipment prior to treatment. Recognizes equipment malfunctions, troubleshoots, initiates appropriate corrective measures, reports irregularities, and works with clinical engineering to resolve issues.
* Enters and maintains patient treatment parameters in electronic medical records.
* Maintains patient appointment schedule and ensures proper charge capture for treatments.
* Performs conventional and computed tomography (CT) simulation in preparation for patient treatment; cuts blocks, makes custom immobilization, and completes monitor unit (MU) calculations in absence of Dosimetrist or Physicist.
* Rapidly adopts and champions implementation of new technology and techniques; serves as a technical resource, role model and/or preceptor for staff.
* Assists with accreditation process and departmental QA activities as assigned; leads the development of a new competency or assists in completion of competencies for other staff.
Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
* Associate's Degree - Radiation Therapy or other related field
* Requires 3 years of experience as a Radiation Therapist.
* Current Radiation Therapy registration issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) AND Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Advanced knowledge of treatment planning and treatment techniques.
* Advanced knowledge of record and verify system, radiation oncology equipment and electronic medical record systems.
* Advanced knowledge and ability to learn and apply complex radiation therapy principles and computer techniques for the treatment, image capture, display, and analysis of radiation therapy image data.
* Proficient with general and specialized radiation equipment.
* Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of electronic health records.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, staff, patients and their families.
* Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Aurora HealthCare - 13 months ago
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality...