Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person's strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Under general supervision, lead the pricing integrity of the store through the execution of daily and weekly pricing activities as instructed through Store Net mail and emails from the DG Market Merchandising team, as well as both DG and DG Market ads. Ensures that all merchandise received is properly recorded on the receiving log and assists the Store Manager in matching invoices for proper clearing of the monthly transaction log.
Duties & Responsibilites:
- Provides support to other managers as requested to maintain receiving and pricing integrity.
- Ensures that all merchandise received is properly recorded on the receiving log and assists the Store Manager in matching invoices for proper clearing of the monthly transaction log.
- Count and inspect merchandise delivered from DSD vendors to ensure accurate counts and billings following company vendor check-in policies.
- Work with other managers to identify service gaps and call the DSD Hotline as needed.
- Report price discrepancies/problems to managers. Verify the count and description of merchandise on credit invoices for all merchandise removed by vendors. Maintain ordering records and delivery receipts.
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Work with Manager on duty in the Execution of daily pricing activities.
- Work with all Managers to ensure model store standards on pricing are properly executed throughout the store.
- Assists in the installation of all promotional sign material as outlined in the Monthly Activity Guide including AD signs, seasonal shelf strips, shelf talkers, Ad rack signage, Peg labels, ceiling signs, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining both Merchandising and Pricing standards in the "Last Chance" section.
- Assists in managing in-stock and pricing standards in all clip strips and side wings throughout the store.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
- Attainment of required local and state food handling certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Dollar General Corp. - 14 months ago
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...