Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of annuities and supplemental insurance products. The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) and Nasdaq under the symbol (“AFG”).
The Business Technology Services area is looking for a testing analyst to support our Underwriting Desktop systems. The person who applies for this position should have strong oral and written communication skills; have a high level of attention to detail; have strong planning and organizing skills and have the ability to meet deadlines. This person should be a strong self-starter, balanced with a desire to achieve team goals.
- Attention to detail
- Technical Aptitude
- Interest in IT or Business
- Intermediate MS Excel knowledge including but not limited to Formula manipulation, Filtering & Sorting, Defined Name Ranges, etc.
- Basic knowledge of MS Access
- Basic Programming and/or SQL knowledge a plus
- Modifying Excel Workbooks formulas and rates
- Running SQL scripts
- Execute test plans (entering policies in our quote and issuance system and checking results)
- Manually verifying rate tables
We would like this person to work at least 16-20 hours a week and we will pay them $12.00 an hour.
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...