The role of the Real Estate Research Leader is to research and gather data, draw conclusions from data to determine level of risk in achieving client real estate goals. In addition this person will be responsible for writing reports, developing matrices efficiently, communicating conclusions and the basis of those conclusions from outside sources. This role will include quality control and scrutiny of work performed by reports.
- Monitor, project, and maintain profitability of operations
- Develop proposals for completion of assignments, estimating work hours required for sites with varying degrees of information available
- Maintain network of professionals as sources of information
- Conduct internet and network research to rate and quantify designated property’s risk characteristics against established parameters and characteristics
- Develop a written analysis and a formal presentation of property risk analysis to client and completion of the ratings in the matrix form
- Maintain prompt communications with client according to their preferences, keeping them apprised of any issues
- Ability to be flexible with work responsibilities/priorities in order to meet the needs of the client
- Protect and guard client confidentiality/compliance to terms of the contract
- Manage and mentor 1-2 direct reports, which includes: setting goals, assessing their performance, and developing their skillsets
- 5+ years real estate and/or planning experience in site selection and property due diligence
- Bachelor’s degree required, majoring in Real Estate or other relevant area.
- Working knowledge of utilities, infrastructure and legal context of entitlements for real estate development
- Aptitude and understanding of risk parameters for insurance underwriting of data centers
- Ability to work well with technical as well as business development people marketing types
- Ability to motivate and manage team of four to five people to efficiently complete assignments
- Understanding of profit/loss parameters of hourly consulting business operations
- High proficiency with Internet Explorer, Excel and Google Earth Pro Software
- Insight into “reading” satellite photos and identifying various facilities and hazards on the ground
- Experienced in online research leading to reputable information sources on a wide variety of topics
- Ability to handle multiple projects and conflicting/changing deadlines simultaneously and ability to move into and out of new priorities seamlessly
- Discretion, absolute confidentiality and a great deal of tenacity in dealing with others from whom information must be extracted
- Excellent judgment in drawing conclusions from multiple sources of information and raw news and statistical data
Mesirow Financial Holdings is an employee-owned company with nearly $380 million in equity investments and a global reach. Clients,...