Responsible for various laboratory functions which support the department in patient care. This may include:
phlebotomy; specimen receiving and processing; specimen accessioning; specimen distribution; performing and resulting specific test procedures. Demonstrates actions consistent with AOMF Guiding Principles as duties are performed on a daily basis.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Education, Experience & Training:
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Current licensure or trainee license in State of Louisiana if applicable.
B. Other Qualifications:
l. Ability to use computers, printers and laboratory equipment.
2. Knowledge of vernipuncture procedures.
3. Positive customer relation skills.
4. Ability to exercise good judgment and stress management in handling difficult situations.
5. Requires ability to work in controlled environment, following safety measures to minimize exposure to chemicals, body fluids, bloodborne pathogens, etc.
6. Analytical skills necessary in order to collect data, perform calculations, maintain system logs and operate laboratory computer equipment.
Organization - LAB PEDIATRICS NOM-0120
Primary Location - NEW ORLEANS REGION-NEW ORLEANS
Ochsner Health System - 19 months ago
Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with nine...