Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for an Intern, Tax to join our North America Finance team based in Reston, Virginia. This individual will be reporting to the Tax Manager, to assist in the areas of sales tax, property tax, and /or income tax (depending upon time of year) and involves Federal and State taxation in the U.S. and Canada. This paid internship has a flexible schedule to accommodate school workloads, minimum 20 hours per week, and can be full-time during school breaks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Tax Manager with preparation of tax account reconciliations and analysis, including queries of account activity in the general ledger system.
- Assist Tax Manager with assembly and reconciliation of sales tax data needed for monthly sales tax filings in multi-State/Province locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Prepare monthly use tax, fuels tax, gross receipts, or other transactional tax returns, as assigned.
- Assist Tax Manager with update of 26 week tax cash flow projections, based on historical or trend data.
- Assist Tax Manager with assembly of fixed asset information needed for annual property tax filings for multi-State locations.
- Assist Tax Manager with calculation and filing of quarterly estimated Federal and State/Province income tax payments.
- Process check requests for tax payments, assemble tax returns for mailing; update Tax Calendar as returns/payments are filed.
- Assist Tax Manager with tax research; draft summary of tax research findings.
- Research and prepare responses to tax notices, as assigned.
- Assist Tax Manager with assembly of data requested for tax audits.
- Currently enrolled/Degree seeking student in Accounting , or student seeking post-graduate 150 credit hours toward CPA certification.
- Recent coursework must include successful completion of at least four Accounting classes (12 credit hours). Successful completion of at least one upper level Tax course required.
- Tax return preparation and Tax research in college-level tax coursework a plus.
- No work experience required.
- Familiarity with M.S. Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Regular business environment
- Occasional lifting of files & boxes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Gate Gourmet - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...