Under the direction of the Director and Assistant Directors of Advancement Events, responds to specific division objectives by contributing to the strategic and tactical development of events and programs for the institution that connect alumni with each other and the College in support of the priorities of Alumni Relations and Development.
Skills & Knowledge
• Ability to prioritize and manage details on multiple events concurrently while keeping supervisor well-informed of progress.
• Demonstrated creative planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated mastery of logistical event management.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
• Ability to be perceptive and responsive to direction set forth from Advancement leadership.
• Available weekends and evenings for event travel and oversight.
• Employment will be contingent upon possession of a valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license and continued qualification as an Approved Driver under the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
• Two years of relevant experience in event management or the equivalent.
• Experience in non-profit fundraising and volunteer management, preferably in higher education.
• Demonstrated successful work experience in a large and/or complex environment where collaboration with multiple stakeholders and flexibility are essential.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regular Full Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Program Planning & Management
• Maintains a commitment to the Dartmouth College Advancement mission, its set of related operating principles and priorities.
• In collaboration with the Director and Assistant Directors, creates, implements and supports programs designed to strategically cultivate, recognize and steward high-level alumni by creating and implementing specific alumni and donor-focused events.
• Independently manages multiple, assigned events. Coordinates and supports events including researching speakers, locating and reserving facility space, arranging for the necessary services, coordinating schedules and itineraries, and overseeing the actual event as directed by the Director or Assistant Directors.
• Prepares event collateral including invitations, programs, name badges, registration sheets, and necessary briefing information.
• Promotes events through available email marketing tools: creates copy, formats and tests messages in HTML and other test formats, pulls and verifies email lists from Advance database, and distributes electronically.
• In collaboration with other Dartmouth colleagues, plans and manages high-profile events that accomplish specific Advancement objectives while maintaining high levels of attention to detail, accuracy, sensitivity, and a continuous focus on the purpose of those activities.
• Participates in daily event operations while working autonomously and as part of multiple teams.
• Effectively and efficiently uses word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs in daily operations to perform individual tasks, track and assess Advancement work, and streamline operations whenever possible.
• Supports effective working relationships, systems, and processes in support of the department and individual activities and responsibilities.
• Records and tracks invitation, event participation and demographic information to generate reports that will contain metrics to be used in invitation list analysis and in analyzing the success and effectiveness of specific programs.
• Responds efficiently to requests from other offices and donors for information.
• Communicates with a range of offices on campus to understand and to help meet Advancement objectives through Advancement Events programming.
• Travels to perform site visits, to meet with volunteers and donors, to staff and to execute Advancement Events and activities.
• Manages all aspects of on-site event flow while professionally representing the College to alumni, parents, volunteers, prospects, and donors.
• As appropriate, works directly with alumni (event hosts, event participants and other donors).
• Participates in other Advancement and campus meetings as necessary.
• Tracks and manages event related costs.
• Creates and sends post event surveys.
• Completes event summarizations.
Dartmouth College - 2 years ago