Sonoco is a $4.5 billion global manufacturer of consumer and industrial packaging products and provider of packaging services for many of the world's best-known brands. Founded in 1899 on the belief that "People Build Businesses," we value our people and are committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits and are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
Sonoco is looking for an Audit Director in their Hartsville, SC location. The successful candidate will report to the Staff VP of Internal Audit. The Audit Director is responsible for planning, conducting, reviewing, and reporting on the auditing of accounting and financial data of various departments within the Company. Provides technical guidance to group of auditors, ensuring objectives are met.
- Assess the design and effectiveness of the Company’s systems of internal Controls and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 (SOX) compliance.
- Plans, supervises, and conducts financial and operational audits, manages investigations, and recommends corrective action or process changes to address root causes.
- Analyzes and tests data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, fraud or lack of compliance with SOX 404 and management policies and procedures.
- Prepares quarterly and annual audit status reports for distribution to company management and the Audit Committee.
- Participates in recruiting, selecting, mentoring and evaluating staff personnel.
- Ensure appropriate quality work is performed within budgeted time frames.
- Participates in the design and presentation of control awareness and auditing training.
- Conducts research on various auditing and accounting topics as directed.
- Conducts special projects and audits as directed.
- Manage IT audit process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- CPA, CIA required.
- Strong communications skills
- Public Accounting Firm required (Big 4 preferred)
- 15+ years experience, including some prior auditing (preferably with manufacturing company and/or public accounting firm with some manufacturing client experience)
- Experience interacting with senior management
- SOX 404 experience required
Sonoco Products Company - 14 months ago