Provide IT program and project lifecycle leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment – in order to ensure reliability of results, production stability, and maximum Business value. Work as a liaison between various IT application development teams internal and external to our organization, facilitating coordinated development / test / release plans. Interface directly with key Business contacts up to the Director level, helping to maximize the value that our IT teams deliver to our Business stakeholders. Assume responsibility for strategic and tactical assignments aligned with our Vice-President’s objectives, and engage in periodic reporting to management.
As part of HP’s Global Information Technology organzation, our team is responsible for the development and lifecycle management of IT solutions that support the Enterprise Group Technology Services (TS) Business Unit. TS leverages from our IT solutions in order to help customers optimize their technology operations and drive positive business outcomes, from desktop to datacenter.
- Drive improvements in IT program and project lifecycle processes – in areas including design reviews, testing, software releases, and post-release triage.
- Build and leverage from a knowledge of the inter-dependencies of a complex set of IT solutions, taking a variety of actions spanning across various IT and Business teams to proactively avoid or minimize Business-impacting events.
- Compile analyses of IT solution Business-impacting events, and coordinate with all necessary IT and Business teams to ensure prompt root cause analysis and implementation of preventative actions.
- Work as a liaison between various business segments and our application development teams to facilitate the definition and documentation of detailed requirements, drive agreement on the scope and delivery timeframes for software releases, and provide program and project lifecycle leadership.
- Work with geographically diverse, virtual teams in order to fulfill the above responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sciences or Liberal Arts. Degree directly related to the key responsibilities is preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated prior experience in the various areas of the key responsibilities, including in an IT/R&D environment, with 5-10 years highly preferred.
- Knowledge and orientation toward extending knowledge of various technological aspects of complex software development, and IT projects and implementations (including backend infrastructure) is required.
- Process Orientation - All aspects of the job require a high process orientation and attention to detail, including Business process detail.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, interpersonal interaction, diplomacy, and negotiation are required.
- Proven ability and willingness to work effectively with geographically diverse teams is required - Americas, Europe, India, China, etc.
- Moderate to high proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint are required.
HP - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...