Associate’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing minimum. New Mexico RN License required. One to three years recent experience in clinical practice in acute care or home healthcare setting. Basic typing competency preferred. Need to have current driver’s license as well as auto insurance.
Primary Job Functions
Summary of Primary Functions
- Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken and patient responses.
- Supports and implements care delivery designed by care manager, multidisciplinary team and physician.
- Follows-through on individual visit accountability on day of visit.
- Maintains a department defined minimum daily productivity
- Coordinates patient care by collaborating with the patient/family, RN Case Manager and other team members.
- Builds a professional and cooperative relationship with Case Manager.
- Administers medications and treatments prescribed by physician, clinical path or standard protocols; demonstrates annual competency.
- Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to health care team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task.
- Assists in orientation of new staff or students and serves as a resource person and professional role model.
- Be professionally responsible for current nursing research, current nursing standards, home care philosophy and home care programs in order to maintain quality.
- Be responsible for clinical supervision of non-licensed assistive personnel.
- Participates in agency continuous quality improvement activities as required.
- Responsible for holiday call for agency and patients home visits as required on a rotating basis.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 22 months ago