Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. is an employee-owned engineering design and facility consulting firm with 16 offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of consulting services related to facility and infrastructure design, operation and management. We deliver services for facilities nationwide, including healthcare, education, science and technology, research, sports and entertainment, government, corrections, infrastructure, commercial and industrial clients. The strength of our SSR team is our people and the shared belief that our culture makes this an extremely rewarding place to work.
Smith Seckman Reid is looking for a Electrical Designer for our Dallas, TX office.
Under the Senior Designer I or Senior Designer II or Engineer, the Electrical Designer prepares design drawings using electronic methods and maintains high quality standards, maintains communication with team members and clients, and performs on-site observations as needed. Assists in the filing and maintenance of all completed design drawings and documents.
The Electrical Designer will take responsible charge for and perform responsibilities on assigned projects which shall include but not be limited to:
- Produce detailed layout based on general guidelines as set by a senior technical staff.
- Ensures that all drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness and speed.
- Communicates with team members, team leader, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information for drawings
- Assists the design team in the process of putting a set of drawings into an organized package.
- May assist in the data collection and/or field verification.
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- A two-year course in engineering drafting/ CADD operation plus one year applicable experience, or three years applicable drafting experience.
- AutoCAD, Microstation, and Revit software
- Electrical and mechanical engineering
- Engineering theories and methodologies
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of basic math
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Smith Seckman Reid - 2 years ago