This position is a Part Time Position with approx 15 hours per week
Responsible and accountable for providing maintenance at the properties, providing customer service and presenting the company in a professional manner at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitor maintenance expenses and ensure that they are below budget.
· Perform an inspection of community grounds each morning.
· Perform turn (painting, cleaning, and maintenance) of all vacant units.
· Complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner.
· Prepare all vacant units for occupancy.
· Complete preventative maintenance activities.
· Maintain landscaping, bushes, trees and lawn.
· Perform snow removal of community sidewalks.
· Maintain log of weather and snow removal efforts.
· Maintain records of maintenance performed in all units and at the site.
· Maintain all tools, equipment and replacement parts in working condition.
· Sweep, clean and maintain all common areas of the community.
· Supervise contractors working at the site.
· Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
· Maintain resident and specific apartment preventative maintenance records.
· Provide service and maintenance for all common amenities.
· Conduct quarterly unit inspections.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 1 year of experience
· HVAC/EPA certification preferred
· Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret basic instructions, simple correspondence and present information one-on-one or in small groups.
· Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide by 10s and 100s.
· Reasoning Skills - Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions with common sense understanding. Ability to deal with problems that involve few variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills - Beginner skills with MS Outlook and MS Word.
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. offers selected benefits to Part Time Employees.