About Banner Estrella Medical Center
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 214-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of healthcare services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we’ve been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members.
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
Why Banner Health?
Banner Health Benefits
Banner Health Careers
This position has accountability for daily operations of the medical staff services department. Manages and supervises the functions of subordinate medical staff positions. Provides leadership and oversight for peer review, credentialing, and other required medical staff functions.
1. Supervises subordinate medical staff positions and monitors office functions, ensuring efficient and effective operations that meet the needs of both physicians and administrators.
2. Composes and reviews medical staff by-laws, rules, regulations, and other medico-legal matters for medical staff and management approval.
3. Manages the credentialing process for medical staff and allied health professionals.
4. Assists staff in developing and maintaining effective communications and professional relationships between medical staff leadership and the medical staff at large.
5. Serves as an information resource to administration, physicians, and staff concerning bylaws, policies and procedures, and Joint Commission requirements. Consults with internal and external legal counsel regarding medical legal issues.
6. Assists in developing future direction and strategies for the development of medical staff. Assures that principles of process improvement are utilized within the medical staff organization.
7. Provides oversight of medical and allied health staff. May plan and monitor departmental budgets for medical staff services.
8. Gathers, analyzes and monitors utilization data to be used in the reappointment, peer review and quality improvement processes of the medical staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES DIRECTLY REPORTING
Supervises medical staff professionals
MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Assigned full authority for employment actions including selection, training, coaching, and performance reviews.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Requires the constant exercise of a high degree of independent judgment and initiative in response to complex, sensitive issues, decision making, and discretion. Responsible for the efficient and professional operation of the department. Addresses complex problems among physicians and allied health staff. Internal customers include physicians, allied health professionals, hospital personnel, system and hospital management and volunteers. External customers include hospitals, medical offices, regulatory agencies and hospital community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must possess a strong knowledge of interpersonal relations and office administration as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in business, human relations, or related field.
Requires Certified Professional Medical Services Management certification; alternatively, must possess significant experience in medical staff services and obtain Certified Professional Medical Services Management certification within 2 years of transferring into this position.
Must possess extensive knowledge of hospital organizations, medical staff operations, policies, rules and regulations, regulatory agency guidelines and standards, as normally demonstrated through a minimum of 5 years experience in a medical staff services setting. Must possess managerial experience, preferably in a medical staff services setting. Requires experience interacting with physicians in highly sensitive situations. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires astute judgment in human relations skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with medical staff, administrators, legal counsel and hospital personnel.
Requires the ability to work with common office software and equipment.
Knowledge of medical staff computer software programs is desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
May require off-site travel
Banner Health - 2 years ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.