At this time, employees who are currently in craft positions are not eligible for posted craft positions if the transfer would require a change in legacy company, with the exception of temporary assignments and employees who are impacted or displaced due to changing business conditions and decisions. Please see your Human Resources Business Partner with any questions.
*** Position is located at the H. F. Lee Energy Complex in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
Position available for immediate hire.
Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
Duke Energy is seeking a self motivated and highly qualified individual to operate and maintain the 2013 H. F. Lee Energy Complex in Goldsboro, North Carolina. The energy complex will consist of the 950 MW combined cycle power block (approaching commercial operation) as well as the existing simple cycle combustion turbine units rated at 862 MW.
Specific experience and skills required:
Progression of the Combustion Turbine Technician is from Level III to II and then to I, with I being the highest, career level. Given this position is a multi-skill position, the actual job entry level is determined based on number of skills in which the candidate has proficiency. While this posting is for Combustion Turbine Technician II, the successful candidate will be assessed to determine skills and needed training.
- Experience with power plant maintenance in mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation and controls areas is a plus.
- Experience as a board-qualified combined cycle operator is highly valued.
Performs all tasks associated with the operations and maintenance of combustion turbine(s) and the associated balance of plant equipment. Assure operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards. Maintains and executes tactical processes in a team oriented, multi-discipline, rotating shift environment.
Job Duties to include:
Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS) aptitude testing is required for this position.
- Successfully operate a combined cycle power block (example 3x1 Configuration)
- Maintain high professional, personnel and equipment safety and environmental consciousness and compliance standards and practices.
- Perform assigned independent, team, or shift tasks associated with both operations and maintenance; maintenance to include areas of mechanical, electrical, and I&C including housekeeping and general facility preservation.
- Assist in developing and defining operational policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and implementing profit improvement projects.
- Respond quickly to plant conditions or requirements, which may involve extended and/or abnormal work hours.
- Assignments may include working with OSHA classified hazardous materials.
*** If you have successfully completed the MASS Test please provide the name of the company and date on your resume. ***
We are actively recruiting multi-skilled individuals who will be responsible for operating the facility, while utilizing advanced maintenance skills. Position Summary: Performs all tasks associated with the operations and maintenance of combustion turbine(s) and the associated balance of plant equipment. Assures operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards. Maintains and executes tactical processes in a team oriented, multi-discipline, rotating shift environment.
Those individuals in the power generation industry currently holding titles of auxiliary operator, plant technician, control room operator or operations specialist are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should posses an Associate Degree in a technical discipline with 5 or more years of practical experience in mechanical, electrical, I/C and Operations. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Duke Energy Carolinas (formerly Duke Power) energizes the Carolinas as well as its parent company's sales. A part of top US power firm...