IT Applications (CAE) Support Specialist I-1202192
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for providing technical support and administrative duties for all aspects of the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) applications for North America. This position will also provide technical support to regional initiatives relating to improvements, harmonization, or other impacts of the CAE applications in North America. This position will also assist in supporting the Global IT Road Map initiative. This position will also provide training/documentation for all changes related to the CAE systems. This position will provide technical support in providing day to day user support for enterprise applications (Smartplant Instrumentation, Aspen Engineering Suite, E-Monitor Vibration Analysis, Citrix based applications, Primavera, Industry Standards-Petrochem, NFPA Codes, NEC Handbook) for North America. This position will interact with the user community, engineering contractors, NTS and other business groups to support the implementation of changes and improvements to the systems and assist with testing these improvements.
Additionally, this position will become the application owner for the CAE software suite in regards to certification, licensing, testing and troubleshooting for North American Corporate Engineering (NCE). This position will take the lead role and provide technical support in on boarding for the VTARs, Shutdowns, Capital Projects and engineering contractor personnel who work on BASF projects.
- Work closely with NTS department and Engineering community to install and test new software. The incumbent will assist with the investigation of new technologies identified by the Engineering community, and help perform user testing and production rollout.
- Provide technical assistance in solving day to day problems in SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI). This would include supporting the SPI Lead in the planning, implementation and execution of any upgrades to the application suite.
- Act as a representative of the Engineering community to the Global PC Standardization Community and will assist iin supporting the Global IT Road Map initiative.
- Take a lead role and support PC Standardization for the Engineering Community.
- Review and obtain proper approval for all CAE Engineering software upgrades and new installations.
- Assist with the management of engineering applications on the Citrix server. This position will be responsible for overseeing the installation of ‘freeware’ and licensed software on the BASF Citrix Farm.
- Take the lead role in the access of third party Engineering resources to the BASF network and systems for project planning and execution.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar technical discipline, OR - an Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline with minimum 18+ months of experience in the technical application, support, and development of CAE systems OR a minimum of 3 years of experience in the technical application, support, and development of CAE systems required.
- Experience in troubleshooting problems and resolving user issues via telephone/personal contact
- Knowledge of all levels of supporting enterprise-wide application suites (software, databases, networking, connectivity, server setups and licensing configuration)
- Knowledge of documenting applications for certification and deployment to engineering users.
- This position requires a working knowledge of all aspects of the technical side of supporting engineering related software, should be familiar with Citrix applications, Microsoft Application Virtualization (App V), relational database setup and licensing configurations. This is to include the technical expertise to understand the interactions between the various applications.
- Strong generic competencies of analytical thinking, communication and interpersonal understanding, customer focus, entrepreneurial initiative, collaboration with user community, teaching and coaching.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including advanced understanding of Microsoft Office 2010 and Visual Basic.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under all work conditions, perform in a team atmosphere, and be prepared to deal with compressed schedules on projects and initiatives. Must always provide timely support to end user community at all times.
- Must be capable of working on multiple small projects and tasks at one time.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF - 23 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...