Operations Analyst Intern - SWE-732983
What is Capital One?
Capital One Financial is an unconventional, top-ten bank and top-5 credit card issuer challenging the status quo in financial services.
- Analytical, Strategy- Driven Company – Combines strategy consulting disciplines directly into day-to-day operations and businesses
- Innovation Leader – Pioneer in new product, pricing, risk management and marketing business strategies
- Superior Growth and Results – Exceptional record of earnings growth and one of the fastest companies ever to reach the Fortune 200
- Positioned to Win- Consistently outperformed competition during downturn, positioned to seize opportunities created by today’s market
Our interns are involved with some of Capital One’s most critical business decisions, and they work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. As a Capital One intern, you’ll interact with our business leaders in a fast-paced environment and learn how our people use the ‘test-and-learn’ approach to drive innovation. Excel in the Analyst Internship Program, and you’ll see what it takes to build an immensely rewarding career with Capital One.
What You Can Expect
- Training and Development - Hone your analytical, quantitative skills and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University.
- Executive Speakers – Hear from our senior executives as they share their history and vision and offer guidance as you start your career.
- Team Building Activities – Develop relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer.
- Associate Presentations and Discussions – Hear from current associates as they discuss their projects, roles and how to be successful within a premier financial services organization.
As a part of the Analyst Internship Program, your projects may include:
- Spearheading analysis on a cross-functional team to develop effective revenue strategy
- Developing capacity models and designing reporting to improve cost management
- Testing trade-off revenue and credit losses and making recommendations for optimal outcome
- Identifying business opportunities to increase transactional volume from existing customer base
- Analyzing customer responses to particular combinations of product terms
- Graduating with a Bachelors degree or higher between December 2013 and August 2014
- Attended the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Conference in Dallas, TX on February 2, 2013
- Degree in a quantitative major, including business, economics, mathematics, finance, or engineering
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Quantitative Analytics
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Richmond
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-McLean, United States-Texas-Plano
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One Financial Corporation, incorporated in July 21, 1994, is a diversified banking company focused primarily on consumer and...