: Geisinger Medical Center Hospital
: Full Time
Provides a safe environment, companionship and supportive care for patients that require constant observation as identified by a nurse.
Responsible for monitoring of the patient if he or she must leave the floor for reasons identified by the care provider.
Responsible for ensuring the very best patient/family experience by optimizing all customer interaction. Foster a positive work environment through mutual support and cooperation and adheres to GHS and unit specific Service Standards.
Works under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates a strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of essential care needs (e.g. if the upper limbs are restrained assist the patient with facial tissue needs).
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent, or a recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor if not a high school graduate.
- BLS certification required.
GEISINGER HEALTH SYSTEM
- Work is performed in a clinical environment.
- Work requires constant patient focus.
- Work may require constant engagement with patient(s).
- Work may require monitoring a patient during diagnostic, or other necessary exams.
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time or walking.
Geisinger Health System serves nearly 3 million people in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania and has been nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care.
A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 2 hospitals, 38 community practice sites and more than 900 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
As a not-for-profit, integrated-delivery health system, Geisinger is a national model of physician-led, nurse-driven healthcare delivery. Geisinger is a leading-edge teaching institution with nearly 40 accredited residency and fellowship programs. Geisinger performs cutting-edge laboratory research at The Sigfried and JanetWeisCenter for Research.
The fourth annual Thomson Reuters 15 Top Health Systems study ranks Geisinger as one of the top 15 health systems in the United States. Geisinger was also recently named to the Becker’s Hospital Review “100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” list for 2011.
Geisinger offers a competitive compensation package beginning day one of hire including comprehensive medical and retirement program benefits, domestic partner benefits, and more.
Geisinger Health System provides health care to a large portion of the Keystone State. The health care system serves more than 2.6 million...