As an Oracle /SQL Developer you will apply your knowledge of software development and identify, troubleshoot and resolve critical issues. You are critical to the success of CNSI's day to day operation.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in software development, relevant programming experience, and ability to work with little direct supervision. This person must be well organized, and flexible.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels), remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Work under direction from the technical lead;
- Responsible for design and development of database objects;
- Responsible for writing database DML (SQL) scripts;
- Responsible for liaising with operations team and reporting on daily status and issue updates;
- Responsible for developing, conducting and reporting Unit Testing;
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the code written complies with the company standards and policies;
- Participate in meetings and discussions with Functional/Technical Leads to understand the requirements and work out a design;
- Responsible for performance tuning of SQL and PL-SQL Code;
- Mentor other developers in enhancing their skills;
- Follow SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) best practices and procedures;
- Participate in meetings with customer to identify and scope new requirements; and
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree or relevant experience;
2. Good attitude;
3. Must have experience working with large databases;
4. Must have understanding of software development cycle and methodologies;
5. Must have 4-5 plus years of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL software development experience in Oracle 10i and later versions;
6. Understand Data modeling fundamentals especially Relational Data Model;
7. Must have experience in writing PL/SQL packages to handle complex business scenarios;
8. Must know how to debug and unit test code using tools like Toad, Oracle Developer;
9. Must understand Configuration and Release Management; and
10. Good communication and writing skills.
Additional Skills: Prior Health Care / MMIS Project Experience Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Java Development Gaurav Virkud
Corporate Resource Operations Specialist
15800 Gaither Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
t: 301.634.4707 I f: 301.634.4621 I www.cns-inc.com
Monster - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard