- Daily supervision of Catering Coordinators with support & coaching
- Quality control of event orders, from customer service to event execution
- Event planning
- Systems improvements, assisting with managing for growth
She or he will be outgoing, passionate and knowledgeable about the catering industry, good food and service, with a positive attitude about throwing him or herself into a wide array of challenges associated with catering events.
This is a full-time position. Office hours will generally fall between 8am and 6pm, Monday through Friday, with - occasional weekends and/or evenings required.
This is a salaried position with benefits including health insurance and paid vacation time.
To apply, remit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous catering and/or special event experience
- Minimum of 3 years food industry experience, with 1 year or more in a supervisory role
- Proven inclusive and supportive leadership style
- Strong communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to see the big picture as well as all the small, moving parts
- Ability to creatively “think on your feet” and quickly adapt to new issues, questions or systems
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and layout programs. Ability to navigate databases essential.
At Common Roots Catering we serve great food made from scratch using as many local, organic, and fair-trade ingredients as possible (88% of all our purchases in 2012). We are a full-service catering company committed to providing the highest quality food, beverage and service available. Due to our steady and aggressive growth, we are seeking an Assistant Catering Director to oversee our day-to-day operations, manage staff and ensure top-notch service, all while maintaining our culture and unique approach.
Find out more about us online at www.commonrootscatering.com