Provide technical expertise for the management of Environmental, Health and Safety programs at Amgen. Perform EHS duties for program design, development and implementation. Recognized as a technical EHS specialist within Amgen. Independently take actions with impact in area of responsibility and programs.
1. Ensure compliance with EHS federal, state and local regulations and permits conditions.
2. Evaluate existing and new regulations’ impact upon Amgen operations.
3. Develops new programs and implement changes as necessary and provides recommendations to senior management.
4. Ensure quality of the data, prepare and submit required reports.
1. Primary interface with EHS regulatory agencies.
2. Be recognized as a program liaison to external agencies.
3. Prepare for and conduct inspections with agency representatives present.
4. Prepare responses to notice of violations, proposed compliance orders, cease and desist orders to ensure Amgen liability is minimized, in case needed.
Support Amgen Operations
1. Evaluates current and future operations to determine strategic and global EHS initiatives regarding the development and implementation of EHS programs.
2. Assess EHS practices to manage Amgen’s long term liability for planning, acquisitions, etc.
3. Conduct and/or support investigations and analysis for issues related with EHS programs.
4. Prepare and maintains EHS programs metrics, as required
Training & Procedures
1. Make recommendations and provide resources for the development and implementation of EHS training programs for Amgen staff.
2. Implement & document procedures/policies for Amgen operations.
1. Developing program changes necessary to support global business objectives.
2. Analyze existing and future processes; assess regulatory impact of future changes, and benchmark against industry standards to identify cost-effective solutions to reduce EHS impacts upon operations.
3. Attend to projects meetings as required
4. Perform and complete internal audits related to projects reviews.
1. Design and implement programs for conducting periodic audits/inspections of Amgen operations.
2. Provide recommendations on audit protocols and technical expertise for internal audit program.
1. May be responsible for supervising technical support staff.
** Other functions may be assigned Basic Qualifications Doctorate degree or Master’s degree in Engineering or Science and 3 years of directly related experience working with Process Safety Management (PSM) or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science and 5 years of directly related experience working with PSM. Preferred Qualifications COMPETENCIES/SKILLS
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems.
- Must have good technical & business writing skills and good communication and team skills.
- Advancement requires increased independent actions, responsibilities, program development and project management.
- Manage multiple and complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrates proven understanding and knowledge managing Air Quality program.
Amgen - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...