The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of Custodians and LTE¿s doing comparable work in the Clinical Science Center, American Family Children¿s Hospital, and outside Clinics. The Custodial Supervisor directs, assigns tasks, and assesses their assigned work force. He/she reports to a shift manager or Department Director but has direct responsibility for the housekeeping services provided in their area of accountability.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
3. One (1) year related work experience in an acute-care facility required.
4. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
7. Excellent customer service skills.
8. Effective organizational and planning abilities.
9. Effective leadership skills.
10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
11. Physical Requirements: Medium - Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a Non-Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 5. The salary range begins at $38,091 per year. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
8:00am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday and 6:00am to 2:30pm every other weekend.
This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Krystle Gunter for more information at KGunter@uwhealth.org or at 608-263-6932.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.