Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Corporation is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing approximately 1,900 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its network of approximately 56 distribution centers. Additional information about BlueLinx can be found on its website at www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Oversees, and performs administrative, accounting and inventory functions at a distribution facility. Duties may include: payroll, invoicing, stock receiving, shipping, petty cash, accounts payable / receivable. Works closely with facility personnel, sales, customers, vendors and other support personnel to ensure error-free order delivery, aggressive inventory and transaction control and superior customer service. Assists with Branch Safety Initiatives
Coordinates with warehouse supervisor on all inbound /outbound shipments, will calls and other customer service issues.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Oversees and leads administrative staff to ensure work is completed in a timely and accurate fashion. Supports sales efforts of branch sales team.
- Processes claims as applicable.
- Reviews and manages the routes (drtrack).
- Reviews daily stock receiving and invoicing reports. Oversees physical inventories and makes adjustments as needed to branch inventories. Assists with cycle count management.
- Handles all petty cash transactions including reconciling petty cash
Strong planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making. Excellent telephone skills with the ability to identify key issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate action. Knowledge of the organization’s policies. Knowledge of finance and accounting transactions in a warehousing environment / distribution center. Knowledge and experience in inventory control, material/stock handling/storage, and building products. Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task. Strong problem analysis/ resolution, organization, time management, communication and interpersonal skills. Process improvement and operating efficiency knowledge. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and other relevant tools / technology.
Years of experience: 2-5 years related experience preferred.