Statement of Purpose:|
Under general direction of Manager of Information Security and Network Services, the candidate will provide design, strategic planning, oversight, technical project management and operational support of the core networking technologies of The Bob Evans Farms, Inc. networks. The candidate will contribute to the strategic vision and serve as the top-level contributor and lead for complex IT Infrastructure network-related initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for leading major Infrastructure implementations, upgrades and migrations.
1. Work with IT applications, operations teams and lines of business to analyze business requirements and develop scalable, strategic and cost-effective solutions to meet specific business challenges.
2. Work closely with Information Security, Architecture, Infrastructure Applications and other groups to meet project goals and to ensure operational efficiency and reliability for network services.
3. Partner with Information Security team to design optimal and supportable network designs while providing necessary security and compliance (PCI/SOX) controls to protect corporate information assets.
4. Collaborate with peers in developing and presenting reports on all network related outages: outage impact, duration, root cause, and mitigation and prevention.
5. Perform evaluations of new Infrastructure solutions sets to augment existing capabilities.
6. Lead the design of IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
7. Lead the deployment IT infrastructure network-related solutions in-line with established change control procedures and in partnership with associated operational and applications teams
8. Provide technical support for IT Infrastructure, including out-of-hours support when required.
9. Must be able to work effectively on a team or as a sole contributor on an initiative.
10. All other duties as assigned or required.
Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge, design, implementation and operational support experience with IP networking, including the following solutions: Cisco Switches (IOS and NX-OS) and Routers, Cisco Wireless Access Points, Motorola Access Points
- Working knowledge of protocols including; but not limited to: HTTP, SSL, IP, TCP, UDP, HSRP/VRRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, Multicast, GRE, IPSEC.
- Wireless rogue detection capabilities; spectrum analysis, design, implementation, and operational support.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed tactical plans on multiple projects.
Ability to form and manage an effective project team. Ability to effectively manage business relationships.
- Ability to coordinate, lead and manage groups of people with different objectives from multiple functional areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and to present complex presentations. Ability to explain complex technical detail and tradeoffs to non-technical associates.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Cisco CCNA (or more advanced) certification preferred; or equivalent operational experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating and implementing infrastructure network-related technologies & services, and related technologies.
- Demonstrated skills in developing a technology plan including technical approach as well as the related business case for the use of that technology.