Do You Have a Passion for Deep Space?
Interested in joining the worlds premier designer, manufacturer and integrator of high performance precision motion and control systems for space launch vehicles?
Moog Space & Defense Controls has a new position available for a Senior Supply Chain Specialist (Commodity Lead).
The Goal of the Senior Supply Specialist...
The Senior Supply Specialist works across the organization interfacing with Design Engineers, Manufacturing, Program Management and Business Unit Management, to match supplier capabilities with design requirements. The principal goal of the position is to negotiate customer requirements and manage risks with suppliers to meet cost, quality, and delivery requirements, through the bid/no bid process, product design, and all stages of the Product Development process.
The jobholder is responsible for sourcing, developing and flowing down all new program contractual and customer requirements to the external supply chain for new (and in some cases existing) parts, and acting as the gatekeeper to supplier contacts, including technical changes. The jobholder must ensure that supplier selection and appraisal reflects Moog’s Space & Defense new Product Development Process (PDP) strategy.
Bill of Material (BOM) Assessment
- Determine high risk purchased items
- Review previous non-conformance and supplier corrective actions
- Evaluate supplier performance database
- Develop a supplier management plan for high risk components
- Facilitate and educate Supplier on Moog and Customer expectations
- Lead Supplier meetings to implant management programs for high risk items
- Facilitate Supplier reviews
- Review inspection plans and quality and customer flowdowns
- Conduct Supplier negotiations
What does it take to be considered for this role?
- Reporting to target cost, scheduling long lead items, identify high risk items and work to implement risk mitigation plans
- Load key cost data into appropriate system and ensure information is communicated across Supply Chain Team and other key stakeholders
The qualified individual possesses fundamental knowledge of key commodity markets and manufacturing processes related to complex space component production.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
- Bachelor’s degree (vocational, professional, or advanced) in the field of supply management, engineering, business
- Greater than 5 years of progressive experience (usually post-education) in the field of Manufacturing/Operations Management (preferable Aerospace)
- Proven general capabilities in manufacturing practices and supplier and/or customer development
- Proven specific capabilities in understanding and communicating the technical aspects of the goods and services procured
- Desirable qualifications would include: Certification in Purchasing, Operations, Production and Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management, additional education and a Master’s Degree in Business/ Engineering
Moog, Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...