Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Trouble shoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provide technical support and guidance to users and the MIS staff.
1. Network Engineering including:
2. Windows and Novell server administration including:
- Design and maintenance based upon the ISO Open Systems Interconnect model and standard topologies for voice, data, and video technologies.
- Monitoring for performance and reliability recommending and implementing solutions for observed problems.
- Create and maintain documentation for server and PC standards, cabling schemes, equipment inventory, and equipment configurations.
- Backup and recovery.
- Security implementation and maintenance for all network devices and user profiles.
3. Consulting with MIS Management on strategic directions.
- Hardware configurations and maintenance.
- Operating system software installation and maintenance.
- Application installation.
- Performance monitoring.
- Backup and recovery.
4. Contribute and conform to the development and execution of MIS policies and procedures including SOX.
5. Off-shift and weekend database, application, and systems support.
6. Disaster recovery planning and testing.
1. Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience plus formal training and certification in one or more of the following areas: Telephony, PC technology, network engineering, or server administration.
2. Six years of experience as a network administrator in a medium to large information technology infrastructure.
3. Demonstrated ability to apply new technology and concepts to existing infrastructure.
5. Proven project management skills.
6. Proven problem solving skills.
7. Excellent typing skills.
8. Extensive background with the following environments, hardware, and software:
- Hardware: Hubs, switches, routers, PCs, and servers.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server, Netware
- Databases: Oracle, SQL server.
- Support Tools: Protocol analyzer and network monitors.
- Protocols: Ethernet (10Base2, 10BaseT, 100BaseT, Fiber)
- Telephony: NEC PBXs, (TDM and VoIP).
Precision Castparts Corp. - 12 months ago
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power...