This market facing role is responsible for conveying a value proposition that achieves sustainable, profitable membership growth while maintaining a strong brand reputation with brokers, consultants, clients, regulators, physicians, hospitals, customers and large coalition/union groups. It is an external facing role that leverages existing organizational alignments and in particular, sales and account management relationships to drive synergies and business development opportunities in the Las Vegas market. Achievements are largely dependent on successfully interactions with multiple constituencies internally and externally.
* Foster, develop and strengthen client relationships (union and non-union) in the Las Vegas market to create synergies, communities, coalitions and new business development opportunities.
* Partner with brokers and consultants to identify market changes and business development opportunities that align to Cigna's value proposition.
* Consult and collaborate with sales and account management teams on the Las Vegas market strategy /value proposition that services all segments (with a particular emphasis on National, Regional and Government) and drives synergies amongst them where appropriate
* Participate directly with Cigna Account Executives (all segments) to determine strategic direction in high risk persistency situations with current Las Vegas clients
* Participate in market based health care delivery initiatives that intersect Cigna customers with the market (eg., local hospital purchasing cooperative)
* Track and maintain competitive intelligence relating to market including all carriers, TPAs, Producer Initiatives and other client specific activities
* Support market contracting and network development initiatives & collaborate with Cigna's matrix partners who drive these areas.
* Leverage CIGNA marketing, advertising and local market funds to promote and enhance the CIGNA brand within the Las Vegas market.
* Serve as the Cigna ambassador in the local community related to corporate social responsibility initiatives, government and other external entities
* 8+ years of broad functional experience, particularly in sales / distribution, account management, marketing, or underwriting with demonstrated P&L acumen required
* Local market experience preferred.
*Exceptional internal and external relationship building and relationship management skills required demonstrated by a collaborative, balanced and customer centric mindset.
*Strategic development, business planning and execution experience preferred.
* Proven ability to foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals, market activities, CSR efforts, etc required.
* Continuously exemplify the professional standards, business acumen, and willingness to contribute to team objectives associated with the tradition, history, and position of business leadership within the CIGNA organization.
* Promote a culture of continuous learning by actively participating in team meetings, cross sharing of information, and embracing new techniques and approaches.
* Solid organizational, management, administrative and human relations skills that exhibit maturity, leadership, sensitivity and teamwork
*Proficiency in understanding compliance and corporate governance issues within an organization preferred.
CIGNA - 22 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...