Application Engineer I is responsible for the planning, design and execution of implementation projects and ongoing maintenance, using knowledge of programming and system requirements.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
A. Programming (Application Engineering) Mapping
1. Aids in the design, development, and testing of programs, and the redesign of existing programs. Works closely with Implementation staff and customers to create solutions for all of their needs.
2. Utilizes knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field (e.g. DOC1 Designer, Perl/Scripting, etc.).
3. Relies on instruction and pre-established procedures and processes to perform the functions of the job.
B. Technical Support Monitoring
1. Test, maintain and monitor programs and systems (e.g. Maestro), including coordinating the install of updated and new systems and programs.
2. Provide on-going troubleshooting, i.e. research system issues and provide direction for resolution with customers.
3. Serves as primary point of contact between users and IT staff.
4. Recommends ways to improve systems.
C. Help Desk
1. Provide support to end users on a variety of issues:
a. trouble shooting for network problems
b. workstation set-up
2. Respond to telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support.
3. Performs other duties as assigned to support technical needs of on-site employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 year Associates Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
- 0-2 years related experience such as previous work experience, internships, etc.
- XML Schema, DTD and data structure
- Perl/Scripting (recommended but not required)
- Object oriented programming concepts
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent judgment and discretion
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Local applicants only please!
When applying, please include a cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume.