Mid-level JAVA Developer (Job Number: 313514)
The SAIC Homeland & Civilian Solutions Business Unit currently has an opening for a Mid-level Java Developer in Washington, DC. This position is anticipated to start in September.
JOB DESCRIPTION: . The Mid-level Java Developer will be supporting the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) effort by developing and maintaining mission-critical, enterprise applications. The Mid-level Java Developer is responsible for developing and deploying complex web applications. The Mid-level Java Developer will have hands-on experience using JEE technologies to develop enterprise applications and must be well-versed in all aspects of Java, including front-end and back-end detailed design, development, and unit testing of all code developed. Additional responsibilities include documenting code developed, fixing defects and providing general production support.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of experience or nine (9) years total experience in lieu of degree.
- Well-versed in all aspects of Java including both front-end and back-end detailed design, development, and unit testing of all code developed.
- Experience with one or more of the following software development methodologies: Agile, Extreme Programming, Lean POJO.
- Experience using MVC-based frameworks, such as Struts, JSF, and Oracle ADF.
- Experience using Spring, Hibernate, and iBatis.
- Experience with the following development and configuration management tools: Eclipse; JDeveloper, Ant, JUnit, PVCS and/or Subversion.
- Experience using SOAP, WSDL, XSDs and REST to develop Web Services.
- Knowledge of and development experience with one or more of the following RDBMS: Sybase, Oracle, and MySQL.
The candidate must also be able to pass the client's credit and background check. All qualified candidates MUST be able to obtain a clearance prior to starting. The clearance is for SEC and is comparable to a Public Trust level.
- Experience using Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite, BPM, UCM, etc.) to develop enterprise web applications.
- Candidates with a minimum of an active Public Trust clearance are desired.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 29, 2013, 8:47:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...