Be a part of our Clinical Space –engage our members and guide them to develop lifelong wellbeing and health.
As a Humana Cares Field Care Manager you will visit our members in their home and use a compliment of instruments that will help you identify gaps in care and implement strategies. You will guide and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for their care and well-being. You work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, employing a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to enable each member to manage their physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues.
Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluate member needs and implement appropriate interventions with Humana Members participants in their place of residence (Home, Assisted Living or Long Term Care Facility)
- Complete physical, psychological, emotional and environmental reviews of your assigned members in order to provide appropriate, timely interventions to optimize care
- Develop plan of action with your assigned member based on identified needs and recommend and/or coordinate interventions that may include information, education, resources and referrals
- Work collaboratively with all staff to ensure appropriate intervention implementation with advocacy organizations and healthcare facilities
- Manage and maintain all assessment data in appropriate software applications
- Comply with all reporting requirements as defined by Humana
- Conduct ongoing face to face outreach to Humana members participating in Humana Chronic Care Program
- Coordinate community care and services as deemed appropriate
Act as a member’s advocate and liaison by completing or facilitating face to face or telephonic with providers as well as private, non-profit, and governmental agencies, and the Humana multi-disciplinary team
- Understand clinical program design, implementation, and management, monitoring, and reporting
- Visit member’s residence within a 30 to 40 miles radius of your zip code weekly
- Comply with performance and reporting standards established to help us achieve our purpose
: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Employs focus, attention to detail, reliability, and appropriate prioritization to drive outcomes. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions.
- Builds Trust
: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions. Lives up to commitments, taking responsibility for the impact of one’s actions. Exercises the courage to prioritize principles and values over personal or professional gain.
- Customer Focus
: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Develops and applies deep customer knowledge and intimacy to develop and deliver products, services, and interactions that provide value beyond expectations. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver and optimal customer experience.
- Executes for Results
: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes. Determines the best course of action when facing ambiguity. Anticipates and constructively resolves barriers and constraints. Embraces change, applies new knowledge and reconfigures quickly to capitalize on opportunities
- 5+years of experience of in home case/care management experience OR 3 years of experience of in home case/care management with a Human Services or healthcare related degree/diploma
- Experience working with the adult population
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Ability to travel to member’s residence within 30 to 40 miles
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within the role and scope
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs including electronic medical records
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent keyboard and web navigation skills
- Ability to work a Part Time (20+ hours minimum) Some flexability
- Possession of valid state driver’s license and access to an automobile
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office to ensure continuous privacy while you work
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (No Satellite)
- If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for Tuberculosis.
- Must live within 10- 15
miles of Ogdan, UT
- Registered Nurse with a valid nursing license or Social Worker
- 5+ years of in home assessment and care coordination experience
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Previous managed care experience
- Bilingual – English, Spanish
- Certification in Case Management
- Motivational Interviewing Certification and/or knowledge
- You will be in the Humana Cares/Senior Bridge division under the direction of a specified State Manager.
Nurses, Social Workers, and Gerontologists have the skill set to be successful in this role.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Apply now, or join our Talent Network so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening at Humana.
Clinical Innovations and Health Practitioners
Work Environment Type
Virtual/Work At Home
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer...