The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of Home Health Adult and Pediatric patients and their families in their home setting. Care provided in the home may include but is not limited to: Wound Care / Wound Vac, Anticoagulant treatment management, IV care including Central lines and Peripheral IV access, Antibiotic treatment and monitoring, Pump management, Enteral Nutrition, and Disease process and Symptom management. The RN provides the best clinical practice in an environment of caring and healing while working autonomously in the home. Utilizing the nursing process, care is delivered in compliance with home health policies and procedures, legal and regulatory standards.
This is a CALL WEEK position. You will work every other weekend beginning (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday) and be guaranteed pay for 24 hours/week (48 hours per pay period). Mileage reimbursement at the federal rate (currently $0.55 per mile) and shift differentials available.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License in state of practice
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills (ability to navigate programs and document patient care)
- Ability to lift and transfer patients independently
- Home Health and Hospice only:
- Ability to commute to the office at least twice daily to electronically transfer patient files or have other access to the Internet for electronically transferring patient files twice a day.
- Current driver’s license, access to insured and reliable transportation and acceptable driving record to comply with the policies and procedures maintaining insurability of Intermountain Healthcare (less than 75 points within the last 36 month time frame)
- Lifting, twisting, standing, seeing, manual dexterity, speaking, sitting, driving, exposure to allergens in homes
- Two years’ work experience as a RN
- Previous experience in an Acute Care, Home Health or Hospice setting
- CHPN (Certified Hospice & Palliative Nurse) certification
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...