Position: Technical Operations Developer
Athletes’ Performance is the global leader in integrated performance training for the top athletes in the world. From our four world-class facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes’ Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players in 2012 alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally. Our work at AP takes us to China, Germany, Argentina, the UK, and many places in between, as we are helping to power the performance of athletes around the world.
In addition to supporting top athletes and teams, we leverage our proprietary methodology and systems to help high school and college athletes, military personnel, and leading executives redefine what’s possible, delivering unmatched results with a world-class experience. Athletes’ Performance was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports in 2011, and is a fixture in top media outlets including the NFL Network, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and Men’s Health.
Founded in 1999 by industry visionary Mark Verstegen, Athletes’ Performance is a thought leader in the human performance space. In addition to athlete, military, and executive programming, AP is home to a Performance Innovation Team, a cross-functional team of experts that is constantly evaluating all programming and associated technology that the company delivers while driving innovation forward internally and with our team of leading partners. AP also has a dedicated Education team that conducts our industry-acclaimed Mentorship programs both at our U.S. facilities and around the world.
Athletes’ Performance created the Core Performance brand to help people live healthier, higher-performing lives. Today, Core Performance is the leader in proactive wellness, delivering measurable results through integrated, data-driven programs that are rooted in advanced science and research for employees and corporations. CP solutions are engaging, personalized, and sustainable, yielding meaningful results for employees and a competitive advantage for employers.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. Along with our world-class investment team, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, the Technical Operations Developer is tasked with developing operational tools for managing and operating our client facing and internal technical environments. You’ll need to work closely with the application and infrastructure development teams to quickly understand, install and support all related technology and infrastructure. We are small and move quickly. The technology you deal with today likely won’t be the same you’re working with tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have:
Athletes' Performance/Core Performance conducts post-offer Background Check
- 3 to 5 years experience working with Linux. Preferably RedHat-based OSs (Fedora, CentOS, etc).
- Production support experience, comfortable digging through log files, troubleshooting scripts
- Some linux based development and scripting experience, doesn’t matter of you prefer bash, perl, python or even php, but you have to be able to write some sort of functional code
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking gear and network configurations in a linux environment
- Experience with virtualization including VMWare and Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of Apache configuration, MySQL replication, and environment optimization.
- Efficiency. We have a small team to manage an awful lot of gear. Ability to move around the shell quickly and efficiently is a MUST
- Extras! We appreciate all of your skills. Plusses are monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SAN/NAS experience, VoIP systems, certifications (MS, Cisco, RH, etc). If you can turn a wrench, that’s useful too
- Flexibility. Working off-hours and on-call support is part of the job. You’ve got to be ready to help out 24x7.
- The other usual suspects. You must be able to lift a mid-60s VW Beetle engine (if you can do 50lbs, that’s just fine), be able to concisely relay communications to folks both in speech and in writing, be organized and overall have a great attitude. Nobody likes negative people.
- Education. We’re much more interested in experience, passion and desire than we are in school. DOE M/F/D/V
Athletes’ Performance - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard