Enjoy a small town atmosphere only 100 miles from Denver, with no state income tax, and an average of 300 days of sunshine each year with nearby access to skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, other outdoor activities.
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) is seeking a highly skilled individual to serve as a Policy Analyst in the Director's Unit for Policy Research and Evaluation (DUPRE). The Director's Unit for Policy, Research and Evaluation exists to pursue the strategic aims of the Director and the Department by performing research and analysis, providing Divisional Support, evaluating and improving Department performance, guiding strategic planning and informing and monitoring policy development. DUPRE plays an integral role in policy development and monitoring, as well as the monitoring of legislative activities. It is responsible for implementing the department-wide Performance Improvement System to evaluate the Department's program performance.
- Monitors and facilitates the required evaluations within the Performance Improvement System.
- Conducts training to the WDH staff with regard to the Performance Improvement System, and other topics or initiatives as assigned.
- Performs a variety of tasks in both long and short range planning for various governmental programs.
- Researches and identifies problems and develops corrective actions to agency programs and may make recommendations.
- Edits and facilitates the production of required legislative reports and maintains an up-to-date guide to legislation and statutes that impacts the Department.
- Identifies trends and changes through analytical research and analysis.
- Meets deadlines and delivers a professional and accurate product.
- Researches and analyzes issues and drafts written explanatory documents.
- Monitors and reviews policy, law, and legislation that will impact the agency; maintains contact with stakeholders and others involved in the legislative process.
- Coordinates with agency executives, any other related entity, and other agency personnel and regional and national partners to identify and assess policy issues.
- Participates in strategy development; including coordinating and evaluating and interpreting policy and planning recommendations.
- Represents agency and acts as liaison with other agencies and organizations.
- Serves as the WDH Legislative Liaison.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of governmental budgeting practices and financial transactions.
- Knowledge of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of state and federal government.
- Excellent research, writing and analytic skills.
- Must be able to work well with others and be a self-starter.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, or other analytical tools.
Preference will be given to a Master's Degree, typically in Business, Public Health, Public Policy, or Public Administration, with at least three years of related work experience in the field.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code BAPS09) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
The State of Wyoming has NO state income tax! WDH offers an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, employer funded retirement, deferred compensation program, longevity pay and opportunities for advancement. See us online at: www.health.wyo.gov
State of Wyoming - 20 months ago