UC Riverside Botany and Plant Sciences Department is seeking a HPC/Linux Systems Administrator to contribute to manage the high-performance compute (HPC) infrastructure of the Bioinformatics Facility at the Institute for Integrative Genome Biology. UCR is the premier research University in Inland Southern California and we are seeking the best to join us. UCR gives every employee the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel. The department administrative staff is committed to Service Excellence, Honesty, Integrity and Optimal work environment. Within this exciting environment, rich with growth opportunities, you will perform duties to include administration of High-Performance Compute (HPC) systems, large scale data storage, development of Parallel Computing Software and Network Management and Data Security.
1) A minimum of three years of professional experience with the installation and systems administration of high-performance compute (HPC) systems, such as Linux clusters in a high-load user environment.
2) A minimum of three years of professional experience with the installation and systems administration of high-performance data storage and backup systems that scale to several petabytes.
3) A minimum of three years of professional experience with installing, repairing and upgrading server and network hardware.
4) A minimum of three years of professional experience with a range of programming languages, including CC++, Perl and Python.
5) A minimum of two years of professional experience with relational database theory and implementation using MySQL and/or PostgreSQL engines.
6) Experience with the implementation of algorithms into software applications.
7) Skill in expressing ideas clearly and convincingly.
1) Ability to acquire sufficient computational biology knowledge to actively participate in bioinformatic research projects.
2) Basic knowledge of the data analysis concepts used in statistics and computational biology.
3) Skill in preparing comprehensive and in-depth analysis of complex data sets.
4) Demonstrated ability to work in a team, to share own ideas with others and to utilize team resources for optimizing success.
The University of California was founded in 1868. Today it is widely considered the pre-eminent public research university system in the...