This position is NOT rotational; the position requires that the employee live in Valdez, Alaska or the immediate area to accommodate a 5-day work week.
J OB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the employee is responsible for the day to day functions and quality of work performed by the DUS janitorial crew.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Five years of experience as a janitorial supervisor
- Supervisory experience to include training (both task related and safety), work scheduling, coordination, and performance evaluations
- Manage personnel, equipment, chemical and supply items
- Conduct inspections/audits of janitorial work areas to ensure standards are being met
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various locations as required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to Excellence : Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values : Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security : Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service : Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork : Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Leadership : Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
- Attention to Detail : Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate
- Communication Skills : Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
- Decision Making : Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option
- Planning and Organizing : Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period
- Workforce Development : Effective in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of competent staff members
- Management : Plans, organizes, directs, monitors, and controls a group of one or more employees or one or more entities to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
Full time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance (medical/dental/vision), life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability through AFLAC. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The majority of work is performed in varying indoor and outdoor conditions with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
It is DUS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to Doyon Shareholders and shareholders of other corporations that grant a similar preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations. The preference applies in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training. A preference will be granted to qualified Doyon shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other corporations which grant a similar reciprocal preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations.
Doyon Government Group
- 2 years ago - save job