The Director, Service Management is a key Infrastructure Technology leadership position, responsible for developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive service management function across Time Warner’s enterprise infrastructure services organization. The function includes development and management of ITSM processes, proactive management of service levels across the organization, and a technical account management function that provides representation and advocacy for customers of the global IT infrastructure organization.
• Lead an enterprise-wide effort to identify and harmonize a core set of service management processes
• Ensure effective interface between the core processes and adjacent IT and business processes and teams.
• Lead identification, selection and implementation of toolsets to support the target process environment
• Establish “Day 1” service level baselines for all key services and manage service levels proactively with Divisions on an ongoing basis. Create and manage an enterprise-wide IT Infrastructure Service Catalog.
• Manage enterprise-wide efforts related to IT infrastructure service management and processes, with a primary focus on incident, problem, change and configuration management
• Establish and lead an effective technical account management function that provides an interface and advocacy role between Division customers and IT infrastructure service delivery.
• As member of the Infrastructure Leadership Team, help guide the overall consolidation and transformation of Time Warner’s IT Infrastructure environment
This leadership position requires at least 15 years progressively responsible information technology experience, including recent global leadership role(s). Bachelor’s degree in technology or management field preferred. Specific required experience and skills include the following:
• Extensive experience building and leading successful service management functions on a global scale.
• Experience engaging successfully with customers of mission-critical IT services in a high-pressure environment. Outstanding customer service skills required.
• Strong knowledge of ITIL and IT service management processes and trends
• Excellent knowledge of ITSM tool landscape and industry direction.
• Expertise in negotiating agreements with third party suppliers.
• General knowledge and familiarity with common infrastructure technologies, including cloud, server HW and OS, storage, LAN/WAN hardware and protocols, IT security and workplace HW and SW.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to persuade via fact-based presentations at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to drive decision-making and results effectively and in an expedient manner.
Bachelors Degree required
TimeWarner Corporate - 2 years ago