Assistant Plant Manager - 2nd Shift
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's meat business, headquartered in Wichita, KS, is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Regional Beef, Value Added Meats Food Service, Value Added Meats Retail and Cargill Cattle Feeders. We employ approximately 35,000 worldwide and have processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Pork's commitment to providing the best, most wholesome pork products for our customers and consumers has been founded in industry-leading animal welfare and processing practices as well as innovation in our product and brand offerings. We are proud to partner and serve esteemed brands like Excel
fresh meats, Good Nature
pork, Sterling Silver
premium meats, Rumba
meats and Tender Choice
pork for a multitude of commercial, retail and foodservice customers. Together as Cargill Pork, we create potential for customers and communities.
Cargill Meat Solutions has an opportunity available for an
Assistant Plant Manager
in Beardstown, IL. The position's main focus will be: Safety, turnover, Employee training, SSOPs, Shipping, 2
shift slaughter floor, 2nd shift Fabrication floor, 2nd shift conversion, Sanitation & Casings. Areas of responsibility to be assigned by GM.
- 50% Direct operational issues involving 2nd shift slaughter, 2nd shift cut, and shipping
- 20% Coordinate startup of sanitation/address issues/direct 3rd shift General Foreman
- 15% Coordinate & communicate turnover, safety and training issues on 2nd shift
- 10% Manage relationships with sanitation and casings contractors and USDA
- 5% Maintain SSOPs requirements and compliance to HACCP guidelines
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- From 5 plus years of experience with a working knowledge of operations/shipping/TS
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office/Excel Spreadsheets
- Presentation/Public Speaking: Some informal presentations to small work groups on familiar, work related topics are required
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of USDA officials, contractors, internal and external customers and all levels of employees
- Proven ability to independently lead a team or project to successful completion. Ability to leverage best practices between plants and shifts
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...