Responsible for training and overall supervision of Data Center build technicians
Assist in the planning of server environments
Oversee server provisioning and decommissioning technology and processes.
Perform onsite troubleshooting or upgrade systems in Data Center environment
Build, upgrade, configure and provision servers spanning multiple platforms
Perform basic configuration and troubleshooting during server installations and configurations
Thorough and effective daily communication with various impacted teams as required.
Presents and makes recommendations regarding technical issues impacting server builds
Provide on-going training and process development for build technicians
Maintain performance metrics to meet operational KPIs
Customer interface on new technology
- Must have experience automating/developing and maintaining build scripts, environment setup and validation scripts
- Have communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team and with other groups for technical discussions
- Strong knowledge of ITSM platform
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and switch between them quickly and efficiently
- Understanding of remote console technologies, Cyclades, SP, ILO, RSA, etc.
- Understanding Kickstart, Jumpstart provisioning platforms
- Thorough Understanding of major operating systems: Solaris, Linux, Ubuntu, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting OS dependencies such as network and physical cabling
- Triage build and deployment issues with help of Development, Tech Ops and Database (DB) Engineers
- Knowledge of network protocols
- 8 - 10 years Build/Deployment experience with minimum 2 years around large data center deployments.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Advance understanding of data wiping
- Various build supporting tools such as Fsecure, FTP etc
- Coordination experience with cross section of teams
- Automation of builds & deployments
- An understanding of Cloud Provisioning
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Unix O/S and usage
Milestone Technologies, Inc. - 20 months ago