Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Planner Internship
Since its opening in 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL has grown to feature four theme parks – the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® , and Disney’s Animal Kingdom ® Theme Park. In addition, more than 20 themed resort hotels, two water parks, and the Downtown Disney ® Area, a daytime and nighttime entertainment complex, are part of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Since its initial debut in 1991, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, based near Orlando, FL has been the leader in the wedding industry combining a vacation destination for families with the magic and wonder of a wedding that becomes a Fairy Tale.
The intern(s) will be responsible for, but not limited to,
Required Qualifications (These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job.)
- Assisting the Wedding Planners through all phases of a Wedding from Pre-event at Planning sessions, Menu tastings and Cake tastings to actual execution at a Wedding Ceremony or Reception.
- Completing file turnovers in Siebel and DSCS
- Creating room diagrams
- Completing Banquet Event Orders
- Assembling follow-up kits
- Answering guest phone calls
- Purging past files
- Other projects assigned by the Wedding Planners to continue to drive revenues.
Must provide full work availability
- Current college junior/ senior earning a degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Psychology, or a related major
- Demonstrated hospitality experience (basic skills required; strong skills preferred)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Prior participation in the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program
- Attention to detail and professionalism
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months, for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months).
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2011 through January 2012. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is March 11, 2011
- Click the “Apply for this job” link at the bottom of this posting.
- Create a profile, or log into an existing profile, ensuring that your email address and contact information is up to date.
- Complete the online application and questionnaire (if prompted).
- To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
P16I P8I P2I
Disney - 2 years ago
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the segment of The Walt Disney Company that conceives, builds, and manages the company's theme parks and ho...