Bluefly.com, a leading online merchant offering top designer and name brand apparel and accessories at a value, is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Technology Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a vibrant environment that fuses the dynamic worlds of technology, fashion, and the Internet.
This highly technical position will report to the head of Web Operations and will be a part of the WebOps team supporting Bluefly internet properties. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, with a solid background in Linux administration and supporting internet technologies. The successful candidate designs and administers Linux systems using open source tools and leveraging frameworks to handle multiple server environments.
- Administer and enhance existing Linux server infrastructure to support growing business needs
- Provide design and engineering input for new systems
- Work with the rest of the WebOps team to expand our current server build framework using open source technologies to ensure consistency throughout the environments
- Support web application servers running PHP, Java (Jboss), memcached, varnish, voldemort and other internet technologies
- Administer and maintain NAS and SAN storage infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain load balancers, caching servers and web server infrastructure to ensure high availability of internet properties
- Work with new business units to continue expanding infrastructure to cloud technologies.
- Write scripts for maintenance, automation, issue resolution, and alerts
- Provide 24x7 support for system related issues and work to identify problems and resolve them
- Bachelors degree and 3+ years of Linux Administration (RHEL 4+, Ubuntu)
- 3+ years experience with Unix systems administration including solid scripting skills in Shell, PHP, Perl, or Python
- 2+ years experience as a systems engineer managing production, internet-facing, high volume, e-commerce web sites.
- Experience managing systems running MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with administering SAN or NAS technologies
- Experience building against cloud computing APIs desired
- Experience tuning server side applications and databases, i.e. distributed caches and deployment within a cloud infrastructure
- Puppet or Chef experience a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced 24/7/365 operation that is rapidly growing both in terms of people & scale
In addition to providing a dynamic, highly motivated environment, Bluefly offers its employees: competitive salary, medical & dental insurance, stock options, 401k plan, commuter benefits, health club membership assistance, employee discount, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Bluefly is an equal opportunity employer.
Bluefly - 18 months ago
Bargain e-tailer Bluefly aims to fly anywhere but further into the red. The company is an online retailer of designer apparel...